OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 23 of 45 First unread post
Rydogger
Deuced Up

jdrew wrote:
question: Does the game values for 0.75 apply for 0.76 as well? I know its different protocol but I was wondering if the values used in Open Spades were different from the Open Spades .75 client.
Set "cg_protocolVersion" to 4 i believe
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

And that will make them different for each version?
shaz

El-Neko wrote:
So after trying out OpenSpace must say I love it but some reason when I put the shaders on medium or high game flickers like crazy but could be my crappy 8400 GS... Anyways I love it. Blue_Sunglasses1 Green_Sunglasses1
Try this:
Dany0 wrote:
set r_srgb to 0
El-Neko
Deuce

Oh thanks that fixed my issue I thought because my card was crap. Blue_Wink1
Twily
Deuced Up

I wonder if anyone have a mirror of DevPaks3.zip. The Asia mirror is down.
Besides, I love how the Deuces death.
Spoiler:
I never surprised with model collision in OpenGL related stuffs. I wish it is a bit more sight punishing like voxlap, except it is giving me clear sight without getting a shot.
Shaz wrote:
El-Neko wrote:
So after trying out OpenSpace must say I love it but some reason when I put the shaders on medium or high game flickers like crazy but could be my crappy 8400 GS... Anyways I love it. Blue_Sunglasses1 Green_Sunglasses1
Try this:
Dany0 wrote:
set r_srgb to 0
Funny how I don't need to set r_srgb to 0 to fix. But I don't know how I fix it either.
Edit: I see what caused the problem. There are two solutions, by turning one state (very bright or very dark) off.
[*]r_water:0 - Turn water effect off. This will make the water looking plain like AOS/BNS, not floating around, however, it will make the game look bright enough similar to vanilla experience.
[*]r_modelShadows:0 - If you don't want the water effect off. This will make the game looking very dark.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

jdrew wrote:
And that will make them different for each version?
no sherlock, it will do absolutely nothing and it will still magically work.
liljoe1997
Deuced Up

I've been Enjoying 0.0.8b but there is one thing that pisses me off a lot...
Hit Detection

When is the Hit Detection gonna be fixed?
Sorry if I sound a bit Childish here but this issue drove me nuts!

Seriously... I SHOT A GUY LIKE 20 TIMES IN THE HEAD WITH A RIFLE (had to reload once, and I counted all of the shots) THEN I JUST GET WHACKED BY THE SAME GUY THAT I WAS SHOOTING AT! Blue_D'oh Green_D'oh

The Guy whom I've shot was standing still in the open without moving at all, he was basically waiting for me to run out of ammo/reload...

Not joking here, I raged like Donkey Kong when it happened.
It did not happen only one time... It happened many times throughout the session I've played. Blue_Normal Green_normal

Then there were Moments when I shot the crap out of someone with a Rifle, I saw blood splatter continuously whenever my shots landed on an enemy player, no not a freakin' teammate but an ENEMY PLAYER (I'm not Colorblind for short), all I get is Blood Splatter instead of seeing an enemy player drop to the ground (it was medium-close range combat)... Blue_Normal Green_normal

I know I have complained about this before, but this Issue really needs to be overlooked again.

Seeing an enemy player survive 20+ legit and properly aimed shots of a high caliber rifle is too much BS for me to see in one day... Blue_Normal Green_normal

Note: My ping was the same rate of AoS so it has nothing to do with my connection, and lastly my aim doesn't suck either... Blue_Normal Green_normal
learn_more
Coder
Coder

liljoe1997 wrote:
cry cry cry

it's opensource, so instead of whining like a baby, fix it yourself and put in a pull request.
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

learn_more wrote:
liljoe1997 wrote:
cry cry cry
it's opensource, so instead of whining like a baby, fix it yourself and put in a pull request.
Well, having access to the recipe doesn't magically make you learn how to cook...

I'm not saying that gives someone the right to -kind of- demand something to be fixed. I would report the issue at GitHub and just sit and wait.

By the way, I've been noticing too hit detection is still a bit f·cked up.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

I got a pm today requesting a tutorial on how to install openspades Green_Surprised2 Blue_NotHappy
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Daniel_Laixer wrote:
learn_more wrote:
liljoe1997 wrote:
cry cry cry
Well, having access to the recipe doesn't magically make you learn how to cook...

I'm not saying that gives someone the right to -kind of- demand something to be fixed. I would report the issue at GitHub and just sit and wait.

>>implying that some people do learn it magically...
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

My introduction video for Openspades, running through the launcher and the features of the new client. More videos to come!
extra
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

TheGrandmaster wrote:
My introduction video for Openspades, running through the launcher and the features of the new client. More videos to come!
Nice!
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

learn_more wrote:
Daniel_Laixer wrote:
learn_more wrote:

>>implying that some people do learn it magically...
I mean it's not like he's not fixing it because he doesn't want to but because he doesn't know how to, and someone doesn't learn programming in 5 minutes.

Aaaand just in case I repeat it's still not a good reason to ask for it to be fixed (as opposite to report the problem and wait for a solution).
TheChief98
League Participant
League Participant

TheGrandmaster wrote:
Your voice makes me horny
665 posts Page 23 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”