OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 22 of 45 First unread post
Dany0
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

liljoe1997 wrote:
blah blah blah
set r_srgb to 0
liljoe1997
Deuced Up

Dany0 wrote:
liljoe1997 wrote:
blah blah blah
set r_srgb to 0
lol on the "blah blah blah"
I must say that is one hell of a way to save me from scrolling all the way down to find your recommendation xD!
Anyways... I tried it out aaand IT WORKS Blue_Surprised2 Green_Surprised2 Blue_Happy3 Green_Happy3
I can finally Enjoy it with Maxed out Shaders Blue_Sunglasses1 Green_Sunglasses1

I wish you can give a cookie on this forum, like other forums pages I've seen loljk
Found one :) Blue_Cookie Green_Cookie
Thanks Again Blue_Happy3 Green_Happy3
shaz

Shaz wrote:
Running 0.0.8b

Getting this error upon trying to connect:
Code: Select all
GL error Invalid Enum in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::RenderbufferStorage(spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, unsigned int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, unsigned int, unsigned int) at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:1948
Just an update, this issue was fixed, after I switched anti-aliasing to FXAA. None of the MSAA work for me now for some reason.
AEM
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

v^3 wrote:
A few little things that I'd like to be added are as follows:

• When holding TAB
      • show the cap limit(if the game is first team to 10 caps)
         ex: 1-10
      • show stats about the server
            • server name
            • map name
• being able to see more from third person perspective
      • when crutching players legs don't move
            • forward/backward
            • right/left
      • when walking/sprinting
            • legs to move both forward/backward and right/left
            • increase the angle that the legs move when walking/sprinting
      • being able to see the effect of the recoil from all the guns
      • being able to see the arms move when using the spade/grenade
• when typing in chat if you hold down your BACKSPACE the characters previously typed will go continue to delete as you hold    down the BACKSPACE
You can add these to the issues in Github, but some of them were added/fixed. The server name and maps are displayed as of 0.0.8b and were from what I recall in previous versions, it's just in white text. I already added the issue with no animation when crouching as well as no animation for sprinting in water.
95ACgrfs1228
Deuced Up

About to try out 0.0.8b, and at the same time, followining dany0's instructions. This should be good...

oh and I also made my very first mod for Openspades (an XM8 replacing the SMG). Should post a pic of it soon (if I get 0.0.8b to work that is. Got 0.0.8 to work thanks to a much needed bugfix, I should be able to get this to work).
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

Daniel_Laixer wrote:
Ok, now going serious.

Getting this new version to work on Ubuntu has been a pain in the ass. I haven't managed to install it yet, but I'm able to run it from the compiled dir and the game actually works fine.

But when I do "sudo make install" I get the following message:
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
It's just frustating. WTF is going on?
Ok I finally got this sh1t to work after two days of Googling.

I simply added the line
install (TARGETS OpenSpades DESTINATION /usr/bin)
at the end of Sources/CMakeLists.txt

Now, when I run "sudo make install" I get this output
[100%] Built target OpenSpades
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Installing: /usr/bin/OpenSpades
-- Removed runtime path from "/usr/bin/OpenSpades"
It works perfectly

By the way, here is a crappy .deb package I made, so you don't have to compile the source yourself. It has missing fields like dependencies (I don't even know if it has any) and only contains the executable (binary) file. It's compiled for 64 bit operative systems on Ubuntu 12.04 (it may work on other Ubuntu releases... or not)

If anyone wants to give it a try here it is (feedback will be really appreciated):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwda0e2di98yd4t
Last edited by Daniel_Laixer on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecx
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

This is a little late, but congratulations on this awesome project. Sadly it can't run it on my outdated laptop, but nevertheless I'd like to make a request. From the gameplay videos I've seen, it looks like the gun models are bigger than 0.75 in first person, thus reducing the amount of detail modders can add. Is it possible to double or even quadruple the kv6 dimensions for the guns, kind of like Iceball (e.g. that rifle I've seen in the screenshots)? Also, more detailed sights with no target/reticule thingy...
Daniel_Laixer
Deuced Up

ecx wrote:
This is a little late, but congratulations on this awesome project. Sadly it can't run it on my outdated laptop, but nevertheless I'd like to make a request. From the gameplay videos I've seen, it looks like the gun models are bigger than 0.75 in first person, thus reducing the amount of detail modders can add. Is it possible to double or even quadruple the kv6 dimensions for the guns, kind of like Iceball (e.g. that rifle I've seen in the screenshots)? Also, more detailed sights with no target/reticule thingy...
Guns are the same size and the same .kv6 models than in AOS Classic, but they're placed a bit higher in OpenSpades. Here you can see that if you move the models to a lower position they look pretty much like in AOS.
The difference with AOS is that when you aim (right mouse click) in OS the real gun model moves to the middle of the screen instead of showing a PNG file that resembles the gun model.
IronThunder
Deuce

hello, can someone help me the download link for openspades (http://yvt.jp/files/programs/OpenSpades ... indows.zip )doesn't work, someone who already has it can upload to google drive or something similar?
robottacoman
Deuce

GL error Invalid Framebuffer Operation in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::TexImage2D(spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, unsigned int, unsigned int, int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, const void*) at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:650

WARNING: r_ignoreGLErrors is enabled. Information contained in this message is inaccurate and non-informative.

this is a crash report right when a server starts to load
PigsFTW
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

GL error Invalid Framebuffer Operation in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::Swap() at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:189

WARNING: r_ignoreGLErrors is enabled. Information contained in this message is inaccurate and non-informative.

^ this is an error I get when connecting to a server... What does it mean exactly?
IronThunder
Deuce

I have solved my problem, the author of openspades has noticed that his site is down so he upload his game also on google drive, thank to all
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

question: Does the game values for 0.75 apply for 0.76 as well? I know its different protocol but I was wondering if the values used in Open Spades were different from the Open Spades .75 client.
shaz

robottacoman wrote:
GL error Invalid Framebuffer Operation in virtual void spades::gui::SDLGLDevice::TexImage2D(spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, unsigned int, unsigned int, int, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, spades::draw::IGLDevice::Enum, const void*) at /Users/tcpp/Programs/MiscPrograms/openspades/Sources/Gui/SDLGLDevice.cpp:650

this is a crash report right when a server starts to load
Try turn your Anti Aliasing to FXAA rather than any of the MSAA. Worked for me.
El-Neko
Deuce

So after trying out OpenSpace must say I love it but some reason when I put the shaders on medium or high game flickers like crazy but could be my crappy 8400 GS... Anyways I love it. Blue_Sunglasses1 Green_Sunglasses1
665 posts Page 22 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”