Modding Competition 8 - Dead

Join and host tournaments, contests, get-togethers, and other events.
82 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Table of contents
Introduction
Rules
Important Deadlines
How to Register
How to Submit
Registered Users

So for this competition, I'm deciding to do something big...this modding competition is for Openspades! Not only does openspades provide more things, graphic improvents and extra effects, but this also allows for more detailed weapons. I'm not asking for a sight to go with the guns, but you can feel free to make one if you really want to! Since this is such a big thing, that takes lots of time, I'm going to let this run for 2 months.

-This competition is OPEN for any weapon. This means it can be a shotgun, smg or a rifle. It has to be a real weapon, and I'll need reference pictures.
-Do not share your mod with any other user. This will result in a removal from the competition.
-Do not claim ownership of the mod you made during the voting. Your mod will be struck from the poll if you do.
-No late submissions. You should have plenty of time to do this.
-Only 15 spots are availible due to the poll limit. You can still register after the 15 have registered, but you will be put on a guest list. Unless one of the competitors doesn't submit a mod, or drops out, you'll be on the guest list. However, since there is a possibility that you will get in, I ask that you don't post about what your mod is.
-The guest list is based on the order you register. If competitior 15 drops out, then the first person on the guest list takes his/her spot.

These are important deadlines that you will need to follow

-Registration ended on June 11th at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -5)
-Submissions end on July 20th at 11:59 Eastern Daylight time.
-Voting times are to be determined.

To register for our fine competition, you'll need to ask for it in the comments below! Its a first come first serve basis! The first 15 users get a spot. After them, they are guests. We usually have a few people who don't submit so dont give up if you are a guest! Your mod could still be voted on. Additionally, this is something important to remember as well. The order you register in is not in the order the mods will be showcased! User 15 could have spot 1, and user 1 have spot 12. Its a random order.

To submit a mod, you need to private message me with your mod. I'd prefer "MC8" or "Modding Competition 8" or something to identify it. Here is an example of a good submission.
Spoiler:
This is my submission. The weapon I chose was the M98B. Here is a reference picture: Image

And here is the mod's picture: Image

Heres the download link: <link here>
And here is the example of a bad submission.
Spoiler:
I did gun and time on too! Here is link <link here>
I'd like a reference picture or 2, and I would also like the name of the gun to be sent as well. Forgetting this is annoying, and if you don't send a message back soon, I may even let a guest take your spot if they did what the were supposed to and you didn't.

This is a list of registered users. The people with a checkmark (✓) by their name have sent the mod to me.

✓Monstarules
-Priok
-1shot1kill
-v^3
-CobaltAK
-Pedroh
-CommandoGhost
✓Warp
-ShadowRanger787
✓MushieWarden
-L0rdCaLeb
✓Ozone
Last edited by Monstarules on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:45 am, edited 14 times in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

i would join but then i saw openspades
btw it's modding competition 8, not 6
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Zekamalikyd wrote:
i would join but then i saw openspades
btw it's modding competition 8, not 6
Complainer, and yeah that looks like an error. I must've pressed enter. You do realize that you have OVER A MONTH to do it rite. I'm giving you a spot.
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

sign me up
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

I'd like to sign up.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

i can't use openspades so i can't check if the stock fits and if the pivots are fine
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

oh dear god gross, not in this time
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

Whiner.
Last edited by Monstarules on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

wtf are you on about? you've either taken something I've said the wrong way, or you're high. I said gross because openspades is disgusting
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Just a suggestion, you should edit the banner for the thread, it looks ugly.
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

Only because it's not a mlg banner with 10000 different colors and 10 effects it doesn't mean it should be removed omly because you think so.i think it's nice

won't participate this time, modding weapons for os sucks at the moment.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

CaptainKiwi wrote:
Only because it's not a mlg banner with 10000 different colors and 10 effects it doesn't mean it should be removed omly because you think so.i think it's nice

won't participate this time, modding weapons for os sucks at the moment.
Not because of that, it looks like it was made with Wordart on Microsoft Word 2003, the font and colours aren't very good. I suggest using a font better than Times New Roman, something that looks more modern (my personal favourites are Montserrat, Raleway, Roboto & Helvetica). The colour makes it look even more unprofessional, you should use a more flatter colour, if you want to use a gradient, have a look at the last modding competiton's banner made by v^3 to see what you should do.

If you do not know already, the first banner in my sig is my entry for the "-=SoTw=-|TOPIC|#Weed" competition.
Last edited by 1Shot1Kill on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

not mine, Skynet (v^3) made it
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

No fighting here, and sorry Nikhao I misunderstood lol XD
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Maybe you should let somebody else design the banners, it seems like you might not be the best at producing them.
82 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Return to “Community Events”