OS - Night time mod - 1.3b - brighter!

Released modifications for the OpenSpades client.
Forum rules
Release, download, and praise or criticize completed modifications. For installation and creation help, please visit the OpenSpades general discussion forum.
33 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

This mod makes everything appear darker when fog gets darker. Coloured fog will not colour surroundings (this would be a bug).
Reflex sights should also get darker, but not so much.

Install instructions (also inside readme)
1. Download the .zip
2. Open the zip
3. Extract it to game folder (where Openspades.exe is)
4. It might ask you to replace/merge files. "Yes to all".
5. Launch game. When fog becomes dark, all your surroundings will also become dark.

Notes:
*With "fog 0 0 0", everything should be still visible, but very dark. If it's too dark for you, PM me screenshots and I will make it brighter.
*This gives zero advantage over other players.
*I hope this gets implemented in both VXW and OS future versions.
*Kraken gamemode looks pretty cool with all those fog flashes. Looks like lightning strike.
*LAMPOVIY SERVACHOK CTF is one of the few servers that have "daycycle" script running.

Bugs:
*"r_FogShadow" results in all blocks appearing black, even if fog colour is white. Turn it off or use flashlight.
PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FIND IN LATEST VERSION
SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME
Releases:
1.0 - 1st version
1.1 - fixed r_water1 and r_water2 bug, made dynamic lights more visible on blocks. Also released for TPSD-15
1.2 - made everything brighter, also images should get darker a little bit
1.3 - menu doesn't get darker, reflex sights get darker a bit, some bug fixes - tested
1.3b - made everything more brighter, also reduced shadow at night and increased at day - experimental

OS-12b - v1.0 Night Time 2014.12.16 - 1.0 release - Dropbox
OS-12b - v1.1 bugfix Night Time 2014.12.17 - 1.1 release - Dropbox
OS-12b - v1.2 brighter Night Time 2014.12.17 - 1.2 release - Dropbox
OS-12b - v1.3 bugfix Night Time 2014.12.20 - 1.3 release - Dropbox
OS-12b - v1.3b brighterNight Time 2014.12.26 - 1.3b release - Dropbox

TPSD-15 - 1.1 bugfix Night Time 2014.12.16 - TPSD-15 - release - Dropbox

Pics (old, it should be brighter now):
Last edited by Chameleon on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Woot!

Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Damn Warp, will you do another screen of this for me when I fix the bug? I will upload fix after ~4 hours, gtg to training now.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
Damn Warp, will you do another screen of this for me when I fix the bug? I will upload fix after ~4 hours, gtg to training now.
Yup, I don't mind at all :)
Evergreen
Deuced Up

This is especially cool because it gives you a real reason to use your flashlights. I wonder if the mod would be implemented into OpenSpades in a way that allowed servers to control time of day, or even day cycles. That way it would become dark for all players, and everyone would need to use their flashlights. A few notes though;

- GUI and chat darken, making it hard to read and giving the effect that the whole screen has been darkened, rather than loss of in game light.
- Muzzle flashes and other lights like flashlight are still dimmed as well
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Yea... I will remove GUI and chat darkness and I will try to boost dynamic lights.
Thanks!
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
Yea... I will remove GUI and chat darkness and I will try to boost dynamic lights.
Thanks!
Pls do.

A effective flashlight would be nice.
Evergreen
Deuced Up

Chameleon wrote:
Thanks!
Awesome! Green_BigSmile
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Looks cool.
ImaReallyEver
Deuced Up

is that revolver ammo part of your revolver mod
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Yep. I received feedback that even 1.3 is too dark. Is it true? Should I make it brighter?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

so, does this only apply to maps that have the "night time" effect? Or does this night time mod apply to all maps?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

It wouldn't make sense to make night last forever... so it depends on the fog colour. In other words, the brighter the fog, the brighter the blocks. The darker the fog, the darker the blocks. HUD and DynamicLights are not affected. Tracers, reflex sights are affected a little bit. Blocks, Models - affected.

It doesn't have two phases like "day" or "night", it can be also evening, morning, whatever. You know how at the end of round you get "disco" on aloha.pk servers? This thing also kicks in with disco. You know the "daycycle" script some servers use? This is why I did this. Go to "LAMPOVIY SERVACHOK CTF" and wait till night comes (don't forget dynamic lights!).
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

oh ok. I know there isn't actually day and night but I just couldn't think of proper terms for it xp
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

k :) can you talk with aloha.pk to get a couple more servers to run "daycycle"? it would be awesome...
33 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades MODs”