Interview: StackOverflow
Logo
Map
Organizer
Bloopers
Fun Facts
Future Endeavors

Blue_Rifle League System Green_Rifle
Some of the community has come up with some new ideas to hype up the competition when playing Ace of Spades. With the addition of the launcher comes the possibility to implement the league system. This league will hopefully become a great way the recognise the skill coming from all clans who find success in the tournament. To see any developments about this, or to make suggestions check it out here.

Blue_Smiling Interview: StackOverflow Green_Smiling
BnS Journalist wrote:
How did you discover Ace of Spades?
StackOverflow wrote:
Right around the time Ace of Spades was initially released, a friend of mine insisted that I try it out. I initially resisted for a few days, but eventually caved. I immediately became hooked with the quirky graphics and tactical nature.
BnS Journalist wrote:
What has kept your interested in the game for so long?
StackOverflow wrote:
I think the biggest factor in keeping my interest has been the community. Through all the drama and turmoil, it has somehow kept itself together. The community has proven to be a very vital part of the game, constantly pumping out user-created content and finding new ways to harbor interest for old and new players alike.
BnS Journalist wrote:
What are your plans for the development of the launcher as far as features go?
StackOverflow wrote:
The primary goal with the launcher is to tightly integrate it with Build and Shoot. I would like to introduce social functionality such as friends, whitelisted servers, stats, and more. All of which would piggyback existing accounts here at Build and Shoot. This would mean little hassle for end-users and a robust platform for us to build on. While I think many people would enjoy these features, I don't want to abandon the game's original simplicity and intend on making it entirely opt-in.
BnS Journalist wrote:
Tell us a little about yourself, your past, present, and future self?
StackOverflow wrote:
I am currently 23 years old. I enjoy ramen, pancakes, and cats (not eating them). I am an avid programmer and have enjoyed working on unique projects like Build and Shoot. Music is a big part of my life, both as a listener and in practice by playing guitar. Not sure where I'll be years from now, but I do know I'll always be part of the blue masterrace.

Blue_BigSmile BnS Logo Revamp Green_BigSmile
FaultCheck has been busy working on the BnS logo! There has been some discussion towards the look for the logo. Check out what he's done here. We would love for everyone to give their opinions and feedback on what he has done so far.

Blue_Spade Map Spotlight Green_Spade
First up is Hunter's Paradise by Lostmotel! The map is for CTF and features great terrain with lakes and huge forests, definitely something we haven't seen in a while. The map also features mortars built into the map with Influx's mortar script! The map is definitely going to be in the top 20 list by the end of the year, I can't wait for it to start appearing on servers as well.
Here is where you can download it

Next up is Survival Island by our very own STRIKE081! Strike has been working on this map for a few weeks now and its finally here. The map features a lot of the terrain we aren't used to seeing in our custom maps and really takes you back to what AoS was trying to achieve and did achieve. It doesn't try to be special and is quite frankly a bit bland, but that's what makes it great. It forces you to build up defenses just as a map like Goon Assault does. It is pretty much just an island in the ocean. The outer parts of the island are a bit low while the inner parts are rocky but bland at the same time. This one is great for those servers aiming for a classic feel.

Here is the thread where you can check it out

Blue_Pistol Event Organization Green_Pistol2
Defaulter has written up a guide on how to make an event involving Ace of Spades. This will hopefully inspire more people to make events for the community.
View Tutorial Topic: http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2881

Blue_Tongue Blooper Reel Green_tongue
Image Image Image
Artwork by StopSignalImageScreen shot by DevinImageScreen shot by v^3

Blue_Sunglasses1 Fun Facts Green_Sunglasses1
• We are approaching 16,000 registered users on the forums
• April 4th was Ace of Spades second birthday
• You, the forum users have made over 20,000 posts!

Blue_Happy3 Future Endeavors Green_Happy3
We would like to thank everyone for helping out with the news, this being all the support, player made artwork and the news team. Keep up the good work and lets see some more user content, this being the banner for the next news and more bloopers! Don't forget to play 0.76: Serverlist. Stay tuned for the next newsletter and keep on killing deuces!

Projects
• We are working on a Build and Shoot master thread that will be the go to guide for everything BnS and AoS.
• MOBA - a new gamemode based on multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBA). JDrew original suggested it in mumble and started working on map to test out the concepts. The scripting for the gamemode hasn't begun yet. But it should be easy to implement using the knowledge we gained from the Cracking the TC Code thread.
MOBA wrote:
Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), also known as action real-time strategy (ARTS), is a sub-genre of the real-time strategy (RTS) genre, in which often two teams of players compete with each other in discrete games, with each player controlling a single character through an RTS-style interface. It differs from traditional RTS games in that there is no unit construction and players control just one character. In this sense, it is a fusion of action games and real-time strategy games. The genre emphasizes cooperative team-play; players select and control one "hero", a powerful unit with various abilities and advantages to form a team's overall strategy. The objective is to destroy the opponents' main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned computer-controlled units that march towards the enemy's main structure via paths referred to as "lanes".
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

pretty nice logo FaultCheck has there. i like it better than the current one we have right now. would prefer if the blocks didn't have that cracking around the edges but that's just my personal opinion. i think it'd also look cooler and more fitting to the game if the gun and spade were pixelated as oppose to being vectors. also make the blue around the "Build" less bright. right now it sticks out too mcuh to my eyes. probably should put in a description about the MOBA gamemode also. not quite sure what it's supposed to be. also as a suggestion to Stack, put a serverlist embedded into the launcher as oppose to just having it open up BnS. to me right now the launcher is only a multi-installer and not really a launcher.
Webster
League Participant
League Participant

I'll be looking forward to the MOBA project :D and the logo looks boss Blue_Spade Blue_Rifle
FaultCheck
Coder
Coder

I for one, am very disappointed StackOverflow does not eat cats... Blue_Spade
VoliBear

This tournament looks fun, i've been playing for about a year now but i have yet to join a clan, what are some good clans to apply for? Blue_BigSmile
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

oh god yes clan league!
anyway, really nice newsletter this week as well, so good work news team. Blue_Wink1

Anyway, maybe the blooper section could be changed to just "cool screenshots"
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

kmaj wrote:
I wish there was a King Of The Hill gamemode just to play it on Survival Island.

Good idea, maybe there could be boats outside of the island where the different teams would spawn?
StopSignal
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

And a big tower, with the intel! Everytime the intel is taken, it gives one point for da team! The intel coul not be moved, and the tower could not be destroyed. But defenses could be made :D
RyanK
Deuced Up

Great work on the logo FaultCheck! It looks awsome. The maps look really cool, to, and I can't wait to try them. The league system sounds like it's going to be awesome. Over-all , great newsletter!
Devin
League Participant
League Participant

FIIINAALLYYYY
I was dying for my fix on the AoS world, sad you didnt mention the birthday of AoS in the news but oh well :3
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

We did it is Fun Facts
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I demand that GreaseMonkey is interviewed for the next BnS news.
StopSignal

HoboHob wrote:
Blue_Glasses <<< Here it is, interview him.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

HoboHob wrote:
Sounds good.
Andres
Deuce

Are any of the older versions going to be supported with a server list?
54 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Official News”