Scripts
Wikipedia
Maps
Iceball Update
Up and Coming Events
Past Events
Bloopers

BnS Leagues
Season 2 has started be sure to sign up, here.

Season 1 finals are getting closer to finishing. Komrades advanced the semifinals after a victory over Death Inc. and BAS advances to the finals after defeating the Mumblerz. Mumblerz move to the Bronze Match where they await the outcome of the Komrades vs Lines match.

Scripts
We have seen a lot of script activity over the last two weeks. Thepolm3 has been cranking out them out left and right. He takes request so, if you have an idea for a game mode and anything server side be sure to suggest it, here. Also note the scripts below may not be thoroughly tested and may need a few changes before they are ready for a public server.

Moba

The moba script is ready for action. It is based off of TC and has several command post to capture. Plus it has the powers from block power included in the script. These powers are teleportation,flight,healing,extra ammo,invisibility, critical hit, extra damage, and armor. Powers are chosen with the /power command and are based off of block colors. Every power also has another level. You get a new level every ten kills. The powers are based off of heroes or champions in other moba's such as League of Legends, Dota2, Smite, and a few others that are lesser known.

The gamemode currently has one map(Lanes) but two more are being tested to make sure there are no bugs. For more information on the Moba gamemode click here. Don't forget to put it on your server!

Rush!

Rush! is a gamemode that resembles ToW a lot, but there is one twist. The blue team has longer respawn and can't capture territories. If 5 minutes passes without green capturing all territories, the blue team will win. Sounds like fun?

Intellispawn

Next comes Intellispawn.
A nifty tweak making the team with more players have a bigger respawn time. This means that a team of 3 players have a bigger chance when facing a 6 player team.

Babel re-write

Something else he did was re-code the babel gamemode. He was unhappy with how the babel script looked like, so he redesigned it. Now it's a lot shorter, and server-owners won't need two scripts for one gamemode anymore.

Hardpoint

Next up is Hardpoint. It's like TC, except there is only one capture point. The two teams has to try take control of it to gain points. And after a set amount of time it will move, and so must the two teams. The great thing about this gamemode is all the variation it will have, as it will constantly move to new places, meaning you have to continually come up with new strategies.

King of the hill

Another gamemode he created, was King of the hill. I think everyone is familiar with this one. Both teams tries to gain control over a hill, and defend it from the other team. This could be very fun, as server owners can mark where on the map they want it to be. This gamemode could work great on infiltration maps. Imagine two teams desperately trying to have control over a castle! Blue_Spade

Testing on aloha.pk king of the hill @ aos://1379434439:24887

Server status page: http://aos075.aloha.pk:24886/

Dig dug

The next script on the list is Dig dug
An odd gamemode where everyone spawns underground, and they have to dig around until they find the intel which they will then get back to the tent. Slightly out of the ordinary, but it could prove to be very fun! Green_Happy1
oh my god so many scripts

Terrority Towers

And the last one, is Territory Towers.
A gamemode where the teams will try to break the other teams tower, and by doing that it will convert to their color! Green_Rifle

Wikipedia

Although build and shoot has been on the Wikipedia page for Ace of Spades for some time they didn't go into full detail of the site but they have now. As you can see they mention a lot of the features we have like our mumble server, the irc, and our forum. To see the full article click here.

Maps

Aquila
by: dany0

Taking a look at some classic maps this week. First is Aquila by Dany0 based off of the minecraft build of the same name. Not much is told about the map by dany0 but from the pictures we can tell that a lot of work was put into the map. The map features a great castle for the blue spawn and a port town for the green spawn. Also noticeable are the flying airships that make the map unique. Great job dany0! To download the map click here and to get the minecraft world clickhere.

3way
by: Falk3n

3way is an older map but it fits perfectly with the moba gamemode even though the map was meant for CTF. The map is a big island map with the center lane having a circle of trees in the middle which were made by buffet of lies. The water texture is also nicely done. A nice looking map that you don't see often, good job Falk3n! To download the map click here.

Iceball Update

Iceball has now recently been updated to 0.1! Iceball is a remake of ace of spades, made by Greasemonkey. Now it's not a full remake, it's still very early on. And there is a lot of personal touches to the game that Greasemonkey has made. But it's still the game we all love.

Another major feature of Iceball is that the servers can have custom modifications for the game. Meaning that server-owners can compete with who has the best features. One server might have a jeep or a tanks, while another one has an RPG and a set of binoculars. Everything is possible, but it's very early now, so you might have to wait a little bit extra.

Up and Coming Events
We are going to try something new. We want to highlight up and coming events and give a brief recap of past events. If you are planning an event post it below and if you had event post a recap of it as well.

Lines CTF July 6th CTF 2:30 pm UTC
http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4648

Lines is hosting a CTF event but this isnt Lines vs all. Both teams will have a combination of Lines members and regular forum goers on them.

Aloha Staff vs forums CTF July 6th 6pm UTC
http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4745

The Aloha Staff wants to battle anyone who thinks they can beat them.

BuildandShoot Trailer competition ends July 6th
http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3491

Make sure to get your submissions end by july 6th. We will begin voting for the best trailer afterwards. Voting will go on for a week and then we will announce the winners.

Past Events Outcome
Minit vs all Infiltration June 15th Recap
tin wrote:
It was a good game! Minit team won 67-0. Game was relatively balanced, but at one point forums lost a great amount of players so it was unbalanced (the equivalence 2:1 didn't happen). Still, I hope that you guys enjoyed the match, next time I hope that more people that signed up will actually show up. Thanks for playing!

Lines XvY Inflitration Match June 22nd Recap
Will wrote:
That was great!

Thankyou to all those who attended, we had a great time and hope you did too.

Quick recap:

First round was exactly as we intended, and we got completely and utterly annihilated \o/ - Forums win

Second round was organised on the fly, where red team had to use the shotgun, spade and grenade only. - Forums win

To tip the balance wholly in our favour, for the third round we asked red team to use spades and grenades only, and only just managed to win.

Despite some slight rule-bending toward the end of the third round, the event went off without a hitch. We hope you'll attend any events we might host in the future. :)

Iceball - June 29th
And something else on the topic of Iceball, there was an event for it on Saturday.

It went very well, we managed to get 10 players online at peak. We had some good ol' Blue vs. Green going on. It was a lot of fun, and the the tunnel rats eventually won 3-2 after 60 minutes of play. Blue_Pistol Green_D'oh

Bloopers, Memes, Comic, Misc.
By Lawliet
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I like it Blue_Happy3
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Nice, might play some Rush! later, gamemode seems interesting.
shaz

Interesting read, can't wait to try out these new game modes.

Also Iceball is looking good, the piano! :d
Conduit
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

next week, under memes. something i had for a while
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I see what you did there Blue_Tongue
Lawliet
Deuced Up

Looks good.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Quick correction, green were the tunnel rats and they didn't win.

EDIT: Also, I'm not the only contributor to Iceball, we have had roughly 15 people contribute things, and I think about half have written code.

EDIT #2: For the blooper reel, if you can somehow get it uploaded onto imgur, I will be happy, because imgur is broken right now.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Suddenly I'm excited for IceBall. I absolutely love the custom server mods feature. A big thanks to GM and the contributors for the Iceball project, thanks for continuing the passion of this community and putting you time into it. Same to Dan and the newsletter team, you guys work hard on keeping us up to date with a comprehensive and great overview of the good stuff that's going on "behind the scenes".

Great job to you all, you are our glue.
KillerShot

Nice newsletter!
Lawliet
Deuced Up

@GreaseMonkey

Pic-
Imgur-
http://imgur.com/6TB7oPB
Articsledder
Deuced Up

Tunneling in Iceball gave me PTSD
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

aloha is hosting king of the hill, I updated the newsletter to reflect that
Testing on aloha.pk king of the hill @ aos://1379434439:24887

Server status page: http://aos075.aloha.pk:24886/
foxtwixx
Deuced Up

Very nice Newsletter , Iceball sounds fun , and the new Gamemodes like 'King of the Hill' (Team Fortress <3) are very good :-) !
danhezee

another quick update, I added the trailer competition to the list of events.
22 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Official News”