Thank You to everyone working at Build & Shoot

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
sed1er
Deuce

I was so excited when I had heard Ace Of Spades was being released on Steam as a full game. Then after the release my friend(who has never played the game) said that people were complaining at all the changes and it wasnt made by the original Dev. This worried me.The first thing i said was "as long as the game is generally the same and I could play CTF then im all good". My friend then replied "Actually now that you mention it, I don't think they have a CTF. I remember someone complaining abotu that too". That is when I releaized how little Jaggex Even knew about this game(it started as a CTF game, how is that not the first implementation). Then I realized the direction in which they were going.

I started looking at the steam forums and seeing Community members comments getting deleted and hearing all the complaints of being ignored. That is when I was truly sad and fully unsold on buyig the game. I had watched gameplay of the miner class with a drill which sounds cool in theory but it gets rid of the whole build factor when theres a drill that can take out towers in seconds. Also the Rocketeer??? I mean come on. Even the pre made maps pissed me off. Idk why i feel the need to say this but you all most definitly felt the same. Then While looking at more youtube videos I found someone who posted a link to Buildandshoot.com when I clicked it, it was like entering disney world for the first time. I was so excited to start playing again. Man I'm so glad these guys that put this site are doing what they are doing because This game is so unique and fun.

I am not sure if you guys will be improving the game other than bug fixes and things. But I would like to see major additions to the game which would be neat. The one thing Ace of Spades(jaggex's Version) had that intrigued me was "Classes". Sure not in the horrid way they did it. But maybe we could have things like a "Miner" thats slightly faste at diggingr and can hold more blocks. Maybe even carries 1 C4 explosive for taking down towers. But to do that if feel like you shoud be able to dig deepter into the ground so you can menouver like a mole, heh we could call it the Mole Class lol. The reason I bring up the miner in such detail is because i love being the guy prtecting the base and bulding towers. It's so fun. Anyway, Maybe you can even have a sniper class but not too overpowered and other obvious classes. But in a way that works for this game. But I really do want people to buld maps and maybe even you guys provide maps of your own so that there is more space to build high up and space to dig real deep. This would be intresting.

Theres a bunch more I could think up of like blocks that are slightly stronger but waste more blocks to use and take a bit of time or something like that. I am just really Happy it's here and hope it doesnt go away. Keep up the good work. now, It's time for me to go kill some blue guys Green_Rifle
Oldow
Deuced Up

I read your post and also like to like to express my gratitude. Another time I feel bad because I never persisted in learning to code.

Check out project snowball, its fun to think of future and suggest what might be, but with a game that is so good in its simplicity as 0.75 its good to remember that beings a bit conservative is probably a good idea.

we will meet on the battlefied :) see ya
Prune
Deuced Up

I would also like to say thank you to all you out there who made this possible not only in the software area of the game but in the hardware (keeping all them servers going). Bless you lads and lasses! Blue_Spade Green_Spade
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Yes! Thanks a lot guys, would've been terrible if this didn't happen, and only memories remained.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I am glad you are here!

But I don't agree with your classes idea. The thing I loved about Ace was you weren't holed into one single role. You could be anything.

What would be cool, is kind of a class system, but you choose your own load out.

For example, there are 3 selection screens.
1. Primary weapon
Rifle
SMG
Shotgun
2. Secondary weapon
RPG (like an aimable grenade, but more towards taking out blocks than killing people)
Pistol (like a slower firing SMG with less ammo)
Health and Ammo packs (you can put them on the ground for yourself, or teammates)
3. Place able weapons
MMG (SMG with unlimited ammo, cannot be moved once placed. Easy to destroy)
Artillery (you aim it at a certain grid space within 4-5 grid spaces of you and it shoots 4 high powered rockets at it)
TNT (place it, wait 7 seconds. BOOM.)

I think this could work out well.

But then of course, we also want to keep the game simple.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

kmaj wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
I am glad you are here!

But I don't agree with your classes idea. The thing I loved about Ace was you weren't holed into one single role. You could be anything.

What would be cool, is kind of a class system, but you choose your own load out.

1. Primary weapon
Rifle
SMG
Shotgun
2. Secondary weapon
RPG (like an aimable grenade, but more towards taking out blocks than killing people)
Health and Ammo packs (you can put them on the ground for yourself, or teammates)
3. Place able weapons
Artillery (you aim it at a certain grid space within 4-5 grid spaces of you and it shoots 4 high powered rockets at it)

If everyone could have an HMG or an RPG, I don't think it would turn out well.
Why not? As I said, MMG's are unmovable and are easy to destroy. And the RPG is just an aimable grenade. We all know how powerful the grenade is *rollseyes*
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Your welcome sir,

As for your suggestions, We can not add anything to the game nor remove anything the best we can do is add scripts but they do the best they can. I think I saw one for class and hard blocks earlier in the year..
Space Inspader
Deuced Up

He's talking about iceball you silly.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

HoboHob wrote:
kmaj wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
I am glad you are here!

1. Primary weapon
Rifle
SMG
Shotgun
2. Secondary weapon
3. Place able weapons

If everyone could have an HMG or an RPG, I don't think it would turn out well.
Why not? As I said, MMG's are unmovable and are easy to destroy. And the RPG is just an aimable grenade. We all know how powerful the grenade is *rollseyes*
I think that the HMG and the RPG should be primary weapons. So you can't have both a Rifle AND a RPG, you have to choose one of those.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Blue_Welcome
sed1er wrote:
Then While looking at more youtube videos I found someone who posted a link to Buildandshoot.com when I clicked it, it was like entering disney world for the first time.
Love it. Reminds me what this is all about. Thanks for sharing your story and for showing your support. Glad you're here! Blue_Happy1
sed1er
Deuce

Space Inspader wrote:
He's talking about iceball you silly.
What is iceball exactly? A mod?
Wasserstern
Deuce

Great to see more and more people coming here.

See you in the game.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

sed1er wrote:
What is iceball exactly? A mod?
This:

I don't have screenshots of the latest in-development trunk, sorry. With that said, a client running that over-a-week-old Windows build (iceballfornoobs-004) can connect to a server running the latest trunk, which since those screenshots now has spade melee, grenades that actually work, block health, capture the flag, slightly less derpy autoclimb, a player list, and the ability to switch teams.

The client in the latest trunk (0.0-1) fixes a bug with Z buffering and being able to see models around the screen edges through walls. It also fixes PMF model saving being slightly broken, as well as an issue where the client would do security checks on filenames that weren't in clsave/.

Unfortunately, it still consistently lags at twice the ICMP ping. (Maybe I should flush the sockets?)
Razor
Deuced Up

Oldow wrote:
Another time I feel bad because I never persisted in learning to code.
My exact thoughts. Welcome bro, I wish I could help this place more then I do now =/
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Assets. No matter what, we are going to need to CC-BY-SA versions of every image and sound in the game now.
15 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”